Welcome!

Here is the place for:

• General discussion

• Request features

• Ask questions

• Report bugs

• Showcase

Give feedbacks, share you made with Shader Weaver and help Shader Weaver be better!

+2

Help Shader Weaver

jackielo 5 years ago updated 5 years ago 0

Please fill out this simple form.

Tell me what do you want Shader Weaver to be.

Shader Weaver Survey

+1
Completed

UV Motion node request

Mark Gemmell 4 years ago updated by jackielo 4 years ago 1

I have created a shader effect in ShaderWeaver to move parts an image, making it sway back and forth.

Its quite fiddly to setup in ShaderWeaver, and I wonder if you could add a new bespoke node in a future ShaderWeaver release that creates this effect. (without the fiddly setup)

Its similar the animated UV effects seen in this video between 3:00 - 4:00 mins

Youtube video

The setup I use in ShaderWeaver to have a similar effect produces this (gif)

Image 98

Although there aren't many nodes, I think a bespoke 'motion' or 'uv sway' node could make this easier:

• Remove the the need for the red/black textures, and allow number input / sin or cos waves to be used.
  • Each of the uv1 and iv1copy nodes need a delicate setup, with
    • Basic -> position,
    • Basic -> scale,
    • Move -> x/y,
    • UV R: X/Y
    • all in use, which makes is fiddly to setup and to see what each changes does.
  • A new node is needed for each wave of motion to be layered in.

There are doubtless more similar effects that could be easily made if there were custom nodes for this functionality (like the UV zoom shown in the Shadero video (linked above))

My shader file is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iLDWdjpUtYo2q6e2winWE2Y_MOghNcIa/view?usp=sharing

+1
Answered

Options for Mixer is not functioning plz help.

雷霆 6 years ago updated 5 years ago 3

I just started to learn unity,so I have to stick to the tutorials as I'm not familiar with basics of shaderweaver. I followed the tutorial step by step ,and I got stuck  on the tutorial 16.I couldn't find option on mixer node,not sure it's a glitch or what.plz let me know if u figure out what's happening.

Answer
jackielo 6 years ago

The interface of mix node is now different from tutorial video. Check 'ShaderWeaver/Tutorials' in your project. They are all latest. You should link an alpha node to the left of mixer node.

+1
Completed

Mask Texture Size

MikeT 7 years ago updated by jackielo 6 years ago 2

I noticed that Shader Weaver's mask texture size is 512x512. Will there be more options?

Answer
jackielo 6 years ago

Resolution setting for mask/remap nodes is added in the upcoming Shader Weaver 1.30 

Under review

Disappear on second load. It load first time well but second time UI Prefab reload it makes invisible or black.

Mayur 3 years ago updated 3 years ago 6

Hi,

I am using for back ground cloud motion , button ramp and smoke effect in different screens which are UI prefabs actually.

in first time load they appear nice as it should.

From second time it makes screen black in which effect is used.

Testing in android.

it worked well for me in past but facing issue now.

Answered

UI Element Dissolve

karagorn 3 years ago updated by jackielo 3 years ago 1

Hi,

I am trying to make an UI version of dissolve shader. I know there is an example for sprite. I changed it's shader type to UI however didn't work.

I tried to created from empty one. Unfortunately I couldn't it. Can you make an example or more examples for UI elements please?

Answer
jackielo 3 years ago

Shader created by Shader Weaver has no problem when changing to UI. 

However, the animation created by Unity's Animator is used in that 'Dissolve' effect. It builds on Sprite.

You can do animation for UI, like the one use for Sprite.

Basicly, set the Image color and material param the same value in the same animation frame as animation for sprite.

Once your animation is done, it will work just as the Sprite Dissolve.

I will consider make UI versions for some Sprite Examples.(Not guarantee)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Not a bug

remap is not working properly.

마린러쉬 3 years ago updated by jackielo 3 years ago 2

hi 

I want to use remap, but I can't get a line automatically.

Image 108

Image 109

Answer
jackielo 3 years ago

Cool!

The ReadMe.txt is poor to read, but provides most of the info.

If you have any furthur questions, just leave it on the forum.

Answered

How to use custom vertex streams with shader weaver?

Omti90 3 years ago updated by jackielo 3 years ago 1

Hello,

I've been using shader weaver for a bit to make my UI look better. I've been wondering if I can also use it for the shaders on my particle system since I'm using 2d sprites there.

Is there some way to plug the custom vertex streams into shader weaver? And if so how can it be done?

Answer
jackielo 3 years ago

Shader Weaver does not support this feature yet, but you can modify the vetex program in shader code after Shader Weaver.

Beaware that, everytime you 'save' in Shader Weaver. All shader file will be coverd with new content. 

Or use model's vertex animation from maya/blender and use both of Shader Weaver FX and animation.

Not a bug

Shaders not working with Sprite Atlas

smasha01 3 years ago updated by jackielo 3 years ago 6

Hi,

My shaders are not working well with images used in sprite atlas. If i remove the images from the atlas they work perfectly.

Left image is no sprite atlas, right image is with sprite atlas

https://streamable.com/s585mz

Video of the shader

https://streamable.com/63fpri

Unity 2019.4.19f1

Shaderweaver 1.7.1

Completed

how do i trigger event via code?

Khela Kore 4 years ago updated by jackielo 3 years ago 2

Hi,

I found no examplel on how to activation of the shader effect by using c# code. Can you give me a simple example of how to use the shaders using code?

For example, say I got a magic scroll. Now my normal sword is stronger and I want to show the sword is glowing now. How can I do this via programming using your tool? Thanks!

Answer
jackielo 3 years ago

Sorry for the inconvience,

I think the easiest way to do it is that you have 2 sword under same parent, and use GameObject.SetActive() to hide the normal sword and activate the one with Shader Weaver effects.